Subject: Re: ksh bug?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/14/2006 01:03:55
Jukka Salmi wrote:

> I probably should have tried this before:
>
> $ /usr/pkg/bin/pdksh reldate
> 2006-09-08
>
> The problem seems to be specific to the NetBSD in-tree version of PD
> KSH. Any hints which change could be the culprit? Output of `diff -r
> pdksh-5.2.14 src/bin/ksh' is rather large...

There's still one [minor] annoyance I know of. Happens on any pdksh. Would be nice to have the real ksh

$ ls | exec 3<&0
$ while read i ;do
> echo $i
> done <&3
/usr/pkg/bin/pdksh: <&3 : bad file descriptor

If you try to initialize a file descriptor from stdin it doesn't work.

Minor problem. Never really comes up. But bit me once a few years ago...

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2003/05/27/0005.html

ast-ksh in pkgsrc (on NetBSD) seems to be buggy doing any `exec <&fd'. While trying the commands above, I get coredumps and no data.
ksh on Mac OS X and AIX both behave nicely.

Louis