Subject: Re: sysinstall broken?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/13/2006 19:12:24
------=_Part_20853_30849740.1158189144703

On a related note, for me, sysinst from HEAD/200609090000Z for amd64 dies
claiming that it cannot find /etc/disktab.  I used the installer from
4.0_BETA and it worked fine, although due to interrupt routing issues with
my motherboard the IDE performance is horrid with the installer.

I have seen other posts about poor amd64 disk performance during
installation and elsewhere, and I've found that disabling ioapic, adding
acpi, ACPI_SCANPCI and other "fixups" fixes this problem.

--Blair

------=_Part_20853_30849740.1158189144703

--Blair<br>

------=_Part_20853_30849740.1158189144703--