Subject: unable to mount / rw
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/2006 15:09:34
--VrqPEDrXMn8OVzN4

Hi,

 I just built a 4.99.1 for macppc.  I booted the INSTALL kernel
and it displayed a error to the effect of "mount_mfs failed"
(I think it was EPERM), thinking nothing of it I proceeded.
Anyway, sysinst bombed out and I did a manual install.
I forgot to run MAKEDEV.  Anyway, I seem to remember being
able to recover from this before without booting some sort of
rescue disk.

Basically, I let the mfs /dev get mounted and the nodes
created.  But when I go to try to `mount /dev/sd0a /`
I get an EPERM.  Is this some sort of fallout from
the new kauth security model thing?

	Jonathan Kollasch

--VrqPEDrXMn8OVzN4

--VrqPEDrXMn8OVzN4--