Subject: Re: Crash to db> due to firewire, in NetBSD 4 BETA
To: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 09/10/2006 02:00:11
On Sat 09 Sep 2006 at 14:53:55 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> I added some extra debug printfs to sd_get_parms_page4.

and some more..,
Looking at the mode sense data, it can't possibly be anything that
corresponds to mode pages 4 or 5 (which it tries after page 4) (looking
at struct page_rigid_geometry and struct page_flex_geometry). In fact
the same data is shown for mode page 5, which seems to mean that in fact
no data is read at all - yet there is no error returned from
sd_mode_sense(). Mode page 0 gave a nonsense value for the sector size
too.

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.