Subject: Re: 4.0_BETA move-if-change Permission denied
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/08/2006 15:29:57
On Thu, 07 Sep 2006, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> > move-if-change seems to be executed using $(SHELL) or
> > ${CONFIG_SHELL} in most cases, ...
>
> It is executed by $(SHELL) when it is used via a NetBSD "Makefile".
> The problem however happens while building GCC using its own build
> infrastructure.

I have already made some progress on building with
HOST_SH=/some/other/shell and searching the build log for references to
/bin/sh.  The next step is a chroot environment in which /bin/sh either
doesn't exist, or logs how it's called.  Eventually, I should have some
patches to ensure that HOST_SH is used throughout the build.

--apb (Alan Barrett)