Subject: Re: Building different archs
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Andrew Reilly <andrew@areilly.bpc-users.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/06/2006 23:22:03
On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 07:57:08 -0400
Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com> wrote:
> It's not clear to me how much of the build time is from running nroff.
> It would be cool to write a script to run the output of build.sh into
> to timestamp and analyze such things, if you're in the mood.

The mk.conf knobs that turn off catpages and other things work
pretty well, and the distribution process puts shared things into
a separate tar-ball, doesn't it?  Gary could just build one dist
with everything turned on, and the others with man pages and
catpages turned off.  I've been cross-building my firewall box
with a whole bunch of things turned off, and apart from some
warnings late in the set building stage, everything works nicely.

Now, if only I could figure out how to cross-build the couple of
pkgsrc entries that that box needs.  Bound to be possible...

Cheers,

--
Andrew