Subject: Re: The NetBSD developers agreement
To: Chris Baird <cjb@brushtail.apana.org.au>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@MIT.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 09/05/2006 12:08:55
>  > It's been a while since I had a good look at Wasabi Systems' web
>  > site. It's pretty hard to find any kind of reference to NetBSD
>  > there at all, now.

Once again, I suggest using the Wayback Machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.wasabisystems.com/

In particular, you'll see that was not always the case:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010402014034/http://www.wasabisystems.com/
http://web.archive.org/web/20020802143741/http://www.wasabisystems.com/

They eventually stopped advertising themselves that way of their own
accord (I guess NetBSD wasn't that valuable to them, eh), but the
Foundation, to my knowledge, never did anything about that clear abuse
of the trademark.  But they did send nastygrams to people producing
T-shirts:

http://bsdfreak.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=83&com_mode=thread&com_order=0&com_id=44&com_rootid=34

"Charles Hannum is really one of the only NetBSD people, besides Hubert,
who has been diplomatic about this whole thing."