Subject: Re: ZFS
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/31/2006 10:54:58
thus Brett Lymn spake:
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 07:36:43AM -0700, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
>> Nvidia and ATI are losing this business soon, I think (ATI has had a big
>> chunk of it in the past), and it will be picked up by companies that are
>> more friendly, such as Matrox.
>>

> Now that should make them take notice - more so than some random
> telling them that unless they opensource their driver they won't buy
> the product.  Losing something they had should make more impact than
> something they never had.

(...)

sure, that's why sgi is one of the shiniest stars in the computing business.

gees. those are *managers*. they don't give a sh** about the company
they work at the moment -- if something fails, they change to the next one.

they won't recognize you as customer. they will recognize them if you
buy that many cards that he gets an additional porsche every day -- but
i doubt that there are that many linux users buying 1000$ cards
repeatedly just to get ATIs Open Source key account guy a new porsche on
a daily basis.

keep in mind: corporations are no human beings. they behave more like
cancer.

--
Timo Schoeler | http://riscworks.net/~tis | timo.schoeler@riscworks.net
RISCworks -- Perfection is a powerful message

Frankie says: Relax