Subject: Re: ZFS
To: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net>
From: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@aydogan.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/30/2006 14:23:04
2006/8/26, Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net>:
> > On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 12:49:03AM +0200, Timo Schoeler wrote:
> i think that you (still) didn't get the point; it's not about what's
> right or wrong today, or about which compromise to go.
>
> it's more a psychological thing; (unfortunely) we're living in a
> *capitalistic* world. if vendor A doesn't have to publish documentation
> in order to get free (really free) operating systems support the card or
> whatever the vendor released, vendor B, C and D, who used to open up
> their documentation, will stop doing so.
> why? because there are managers and lawyers without *any* clue of what's
> going on in the real world -- they just want to optimize their company
> to make more money (profit), in most cases regardless of who has to die
> or whatever.

Come on Timo, let's talk like grown ups and not like kids.
I'm not the type of anarchist guy, who wants to live in a "free" world.
I don't care what Debian does and I don't care about their policies. I
don't deny Microsoft Windows. If a company can make money, it is their
right to do it. And if they do not want to publish documentation, they
shouldn't. If you can't deal with it, you should not whine on this
list. Therefore, I don't like people who try to convince me, that
their OS is the best, or like in your case, I don't like people who
try to convince NetBSD not to use blobs or whatsoever.

Greets, Zafer.