Subject: Re: Problem building groff on 4.0_BETA
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Adrian Portelli <adrianp@stindustries.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/21/2006 12:59:33
Matthias Scheler wrote:
> In article <44E63D8A.7050102@stindustries.net>,
> 	Adrian Portelli <adrianp@stindustries.net> writes:
>> I was trying to build the 4.0_BETA sources on a box I'd upgraded to
>> 4.0_BETA a few days ago.  I was just using the standard build.sh
>> mechanism with a release target to do this.  During the build it bailed
>> out with the attached errors while trying to build groff.  The final error:
>>
>> "./config.status[567]: cannot create ./confstat06134a/subs.frag: File
>> exists"
>
> Does building and installing in "src/bin/cp" from the latest "netbsd-4"
> branch sources fix the problem?
>
> 	Kind regards

Hi,

I actually spent some time on the weekend on this and it turned out to
be a problem with my environment.  For some reason the ./configure
script from groff was choosing /bin/ksh above /bin/sh when running.  I
had a .kshrc which set "noclobber" and hence the problems I was having.
rm'ing the .kshrc file fixed the problem.

adrian.