Subject: iwi firmload annoyance
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: oliver gould <ogould@cs.stevens.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/13/2006 10:35:35
--Yylu36WmvOXNoKYn

On 2006-08-13 13:07 -0500, Mark Kirby wrote:
=20
> iwi(4) uses firmload(9) to load firmware images. You no longer need to
> use iwictl(8) to load the firmware. [Nick Hudson]

This is a welcome change.  Well, mostly..  Is there any way to _un_load
the firmware?  Being unable to turn the radio off is pretty wasteful of
battery power, and therefore pretty annoying for me.

That is, unless I'm totally off-base here.  I assume that
  $ iwictl iwi0 -r
  Radio is ON
means that the wireless card is using power.

--=20
  .oliver

--Yylu36WmvOXNoKYn

--Yylu36WmvOXNoKYn--