Subject: Re: Does NetBSD current support Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG?
To: MichaelBibby <michaelbibby@sohu.com>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 08/11/2006 13:50:21
Pierre Pronchery writes:
> MichaelBibby wrote:
> > I have a laptop, and its board is intel 945gm, so i want to check something
> .
> > Does NetBSD current support Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG?
> > OpenBSD has a new driver 'wpi' for it, does anyone port it to NetBSD?
>
> Jean-Baptiste Campesato is working on a port of the OpenBSD driver to
> NetBSD. I still have issues with it,

What errors are you seeing?  (preferable to reply to the PR below
if you can, but, if not, a reply here would be fine too :) )

> but for some other people it works
> fine. For more informations check the PR 33778 at
> http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=33778

The only issue I've seen with this driver so far is some weirdness w/
interacting with dhclient, and some issues w/ firmload (it needs
contiguous memory to load the firmware?).  Other than that the driver
has worked great for me (and I want to see it in -current :) ).

Later...

Greg Oster