Subject: Re: ACPI Interrupt Problems with 3.99.22 (and 3.99.21)
To: Mathieu Boespflug <0xbadcode@gmail.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/06/2006 13:37:57
On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 05:30:36AM +0000, Mathieu Boespflug wrote:
> I'm experiencing the exact same problem as Ed on a D600 Dell laptop. Has any
> workaround or fix to this issue been found yet? I can't find any bug reports
> related to this.

Maybe not the same, but could be related:

  http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=33922

I think there is some basic problem with shared interrupts.

I have tried everyhthing I could to diagnose it further, looking
for culprits in the ath driver and the auich driver (those two share
interrupts in my case), but I haven't found anything. I lack i386 low
level and/or acpi skills, so this is probably beyound me.

Maybe this should be added to the "critical bugs to fix for 4.0" list?

Martin