Subject: Re: MKIPFILTER=no & MKKERBEROS=no Problems
To: Eye of the Beholder <eye.of.the.8eholder@gmail.com>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/05/2006 12:31:58
On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 04:23:52PM +0300, Eye of the Beholder wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I want to report the following problems i faced when compiling the base
> system.
>
> I have in /etc/mk.conf among other options the following two:
> MKKERBEROS=no
> MKIPFILTER=no
>
> Now the problems are the following:
>
> 1) Because of the MKIPFILTER variable the build stops in the install
> phase with the message that ipnat,ipfilter,ipmon (in /etc/rc.d) exist
> in the destdir but they are not in the flist.

Just this moment, I checked-in the fix I have been running.  Update to
revision 1.59 of src/etc/rc.d/Makefile.

> I commented them in /usr/src/etc/rc.d/Makefile and then the build went
> fine. The same was happening with pf but it was fixed some time ago.
> I guess a if is needed to check MKIPFILTER variable
>
> P.S without them rcorder warns that no file provides the facilities

Ugly, no?  Someday I want to do something about that, but it's low on
my priority list.

> 2) Regarding the MKKERBEROS variable the build continues fine and
> everything works perfectly. So i make a release and an iso-image
> to install on some other boxes i have.
>
> The iso boots and installs fine and everything seems to work, but
> when i boot the installed system, i can't login because in some
> files in /etc/pam.d ,  pam_krb is mentioned while it doesn't exist.
> So, i need to boot in single user mode, delete all the entries from
> the pam files and then boot again.

I guess I do not see that because I also compile with MKPAM=no.  I don't
know if that is acceptable in your application.

Dave