Subject: Re: pf, icmp, and max-mss
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Christian Hattemer <c.hattemer@arcor.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/31/2006 11:18:48
On 28.07.06, Matthias Scheler wrote:

>> when I changed from 3.0 to -current I also noticed that IPF now seems
>> to require restricting the MSS. The option is named mssclamp there.
>
> I had to that option all the time when using IPFilter and PPPoE (and
> still have to use a similar option with PF). Did your ISP perhaps
> change the MTU on your PPPoE interface recently?

Not that I know of. I was offline for two or three hours when I switched to
the new router. It would be an extreme coincidence if they had changed the
MTU exactly during that time.

With 3.0 it probably produced quite a number of fragments, but everything
worked. And it stopped just when I went online with the new router.

Bye, Chris