Subject: how to build kernel module for xen?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/20/2006 21:09:51
(Originally posted yesterday on netbsd-help but no feedback. This is on a
3.0 system.)

Can someone point me to directions for building kernel module for xen?

I built a i386 pf.o module and it kernel panicked my xen system. This was
discussed on the port-xen list. It was suggested that I need xen headers.
So I tried setting MACHINE and MACHINE_ARCH to xen and many headers were
missing, such as opt_xen.h.

I tried using build.sh but got:

$ ./build.sh -u -m xen kernel=XENU

ERROR: No MACHINE_ARCH provided
*** BUILD ABORTED ***
$ ./build.sh -u -a xen kernel=XENU

ERROR: Unknown target MACHINE_ARCH: xen
*** BUILD ABORTED ***
$ ./build.sh -u -a xen -m xen kernel=XENU

ERROR: Unknown target MACHINE_ARCH: xen
*** BUILD ABORTED ***

Also I don't see how to build just modules with build.sh.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. Or if you have a pf.o module that works with NetBSD 3.0 XENU, let me
know.