Subject: Re: Please align lists for checkflist.
To: None <liman@autonomica.se>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/13/2006 17:38:04
> > However, I did not make adjustments for 80 files -- it was more
> > like entries for 10-12 files which needed adjustment.  With these
> > changes in place, I now appear to have working builds both for
> > HAVE_GCC=3D3 and HAVE_GCC=3D4 ports,
>
> Many thanks.
>
> (BTW, do you know off the top of your head where HAVE_GCC is
> documented?)

The default for HAVE_GCC is set in src/share/mk/bsd.own.mk, and a
number of the NetBSD ports have been switched to GCC 4 during the
previous month.  This is for -current, of course.

I'm not sure I'd call it documentation, though...  Christos sent
a note to thist list on Jun 23 that a number of ports have now
had their defaults for HAVE_GCC changed to version 4, wich
credits to the Matthew Green (GCC4) and Nathan Williams (GDB6,
not yet default).

The important caveat when upgrading across this boundary is to
note that C++ in GCC has changed the ABI yet again, with the
obvious consequence that libraries and apps from before/after the
switch will not mix.

Regards,

- H=E5vard