Subject: Re: savecore: _time not in namelist
To: Freidank, Kenneth <Kenneth.Freidank@delta.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/2006 16:45:58
--pqmPt9oPL4cuP/b5

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 10:27:10AM -0400, Freidank, Kenneth wrote:
> Nevermind.  After installing userland, the message went away. =20
>=20
> I guess the program or module called "savecore" is part of userland.

Yes. It grovels a kernel core image that's been dumped in swapspace
after a crash. It was looking in the kernel namelist for the address
of the global _time variable to see when the kernel had crashed and
record that in the log.  This variable was replaced with something
else with the recent merge of timecounters to NetBSD-current.

--
Dan.

--pqmPt9oPL4cuP/b5

--pqmPt9oPL4cuP/b5--