Subject: Re: ural patch
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/06/2006 16:11:57
Matthias Drochner wrote:
> kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp said:
>> Matthias has tested ural on i386.  He said, "I'm quite happy with the
>> ural driver now."
>
> Yes, it is the first time that the driver is really usable for me.
> There are some minor problems still as there are the wrong
> rxrate reporting to "radiotap" bpf listeners, and there are
> problems with monitor mode as Sam Leffler wrote in another mail.
>
> For now, I'd suggest to comment out the rxrate reporting as
> this just creates misleading information.

Yes, I've got several monitor mode fixes for ural/ral.  I also recently
circulated packet injection changes for comment to freebsd users; if
anyone is interested take a look at

http://www.freebsd.org/~sam/tx80211

There's a kernel patch that should port over easily and a bunch of tools
that are mostly from Andrea Bittau.

	Sam