Subject: Re: Building a huge file server
To: None <mk@kilbi.de>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/05/2006 22:48:34
Markus W Kilbinger wrote:

> Which (actual) mainboards, SATA-Controller and NIC's are suitable for
> this task and supported well by NetBSD?

I'm very happy with my Promise SATA300 TX4 4-channel SATA controller on
NetBSD 3.0 branch.  I believe there we some issues with more than one of
these on a system but these were fixed in -current a little whiles ago.

Higher end wm(4) (what I think are called the Pro Server range) work
well.  I've had a niggle or two with on-board wm(4)s on a SuperMicro
board, but it works with a low-end Dell server (SC400).

Cheers,
Simon.