Subject: Re: Problem with "screen -r"
To: Matthias Scheler <>
From: Daniel Carosone <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/30/2006 08:03:08

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 03:47:34PM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> after rebuilding the "screen" package with GCC 4.1.2 "screen -r" hangs.
> It gets stuck printing a bit of the active window's content. If I login
> a second time, use "screen -r" the first "screen -r" will continue
> to run and I can use it.

I've seen something very similar.  In the first attachment, I can
provoke screen to wake up by resizing the window, too.  I use screen
-x, rather than -r, and often the multiple attachments are different

For me, this is unrelated to gcc4; I've seen this happen occasionally
over the past couple of months or so on a machine that is still
gcc3-only.  I can't say for certain if I've seen it anywhere else than
that machine, but it's not a common occurrence even there; probably
less than a half-dozen occurrences all up, over several months, since
before I started playing with gcc4. =20

It *may* even be the case that I've only seen it happen *from* this
desktop machine, eg when ssh'ing to another machine from that one and
connecting to a screen running there, in which case it may perhaps be
an xterm-related issue.  Otherwise, it appears to me to be related to
either a kernel/tty change of some kind, or to a change in screen
itself; probably the latter.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (NetBSD)