Subject: Re: Booting the fresh 3.99.21 i386 iso ... Broken
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: KlinT <klint@klintcentral.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/27/2006 09:05:09
Hi all,

I've ran some tests and definitively, I cannot ran a normal =20
installation from a fleshly created installation cdrom !

In my case, the kernel used on the cdrom seems to be broken :(

First, i ran the build process from the cvs tree on my Athlon64 =20
( running NetBSD 3.99.18 / gcc 3.3.3 )
I experienced the problem ...

I've tried to re-run the build process using "HAVE_GCC=3D4" & =20
"HAVE_GDB=3D6" in my mk.conf
Same problem ...

I've installer a NetBSD 3.99.21 which has been build before the =20
switch to gcc4 ( 19 June 2006 ) and then I update manualy the =20
system ... This give me an up-to-date system ( gcc4 & gdb6 ... )
I re-run again the whole build process without any options in =20
mk.conf ...
The problem persists :(

I think the problem doesn't belongs to GCC version ... May be the =20
Kernel configuration file is broken ?

Does somebody experience the same thing ?

Any idea to fix this ?

Many thanks

Arnaud

Le 25 juin 06 =E0 16:35, Zafer Aydogan a =E9crit :