Subject: Re: compiling -current on amd64...
To: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Andrew Reilly <andrew-netbsd@areilly.bpc-users.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/27/2006 10:18:31
On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 02:08:31PM +0200, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> ks@ub.uni-mainz.de said:
> > /u/NetBSD/src/gnu/dist/binutils/libiberty/concat.c: In function
> > 'reconcat': /u/NetBSD/src/gnu/dist/binutils/libiberty/concat.c:205:
> > warning: second parameter of 'va_start' not last named argument
>
> This happens to me too, on i386.
> It seems to be caused by a recent gcc fix which does a bit more
> than intended. The appended patch helps for me.

Does it just help the compile, or does the resulting code
actually work?

This part of the comment has me worried:
>  	     argument.  We just warn and set the arg to be the last
>  	     argument so that we will get wrong-code because of
>  	     it.  */

I'm not such a fan of "wrong-code".  Is there a way to tweak the
makefile to change the optimization level down to -O0 or
something, just for that file, to see if it helps?

Cheers,

--
Andrew