Subject: Re: no pxeboot com0 file? Re: no amd64 in (any) binary HEAD?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/24/2006 18:57:16
On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 08:26:09AM +0100, David Laight wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 07:11:51PM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
>> >You should be able to pxe boot the install kernel.
>>
>> I only have a 3.0 i386 install....
>>
>> could anyone with the newer installboot (supports -e)
>> please run this on the 3.0 amd64 install kernel
>> (pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-3.0/amd64/binary/kernel/netbsd-INSTALL.gz)
>>
>> installboot -e -mamd64 -o console=com1,speed=115200 netbsd-INSTALL
>>
>> and email me the result?
>
>Now you are confused :-)
>The boot parameters are saved in the boot code, not the kernel.
>
>If you have a amd64 pxeboot_ia32.bin that has the parameter block at the
>front, an i386 installboot will modify it (or build the i386/amd64 tools).

okay, wrong file. now I've got a network compatible amd64 at my
desk. and an amd64 3.0 cdrom, after I install on it, is there a
particular date/revision I should checkout to build world and get
the new tools?

Then I'll be experimenting to get shell on the blades via serial
or ssh, usb network adapter.

At which point I can begin diagnostics on a non-working integrated
bge interface.  If there is a better way to get there, let me
know.

// George