Subject: Re: no pxeboot com0 file? Re: no amd64 in (any) binary HEAD?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 06/23/2006 22:03:17
On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 04:34:48PM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
> >At what point does it fail?
>
> at the passing of the checksum. the boot continues on the vga display.

In that case the boot code is failing to pass the console type to the
kernel - or maybe the kernel doesn't have the support built in?
(I've a feeing it is a config option...)

> >What baud rate are you trying to use?  Maybe the kernel resets it!
>
> I think the bios sets it at 115200, but that is changeable, to any
> of the standard speeds less than that, do I need to cut it back?

If you are losing console output, it is possible that the baud rate
is getting changed.  If that happens it usually gets changed to 9600.
I've removed such changes from quite a few places though.
However if the output switches to the vga that isn't the problem.

> I think I'll try it on pxe first...

You should be able to pxe boot the install kernel.
Works on the Soekris 4801 I have here.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk