Subject: Re: no pxeboot com0 file? Re: no amd64 in (any) binary HEAD?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 06/23/2006 20:32:59
On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 01:03:14PM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
> The goal here is to get an install with networking, so serious
> focus can be made on the integrated bge interface driver. An axe
> usb adapter is providing connectivity to a 3.0 i386 usb cdrom
> install (ftp works). But the target install is having keyboard
> issues.  The keyboard does not work at all for the 3.0 amd64 usb
> cdrom installer. I can get bios via serial and I tried setting
> "consdev com2" and "consdev com2kbd" at the boot prompt, but as
> soon as the kernel loads, I loose serial.

At what point does it fail?
What baud rate are you trying to use?  Maybe the kernel resets it!
It is also possibly that the changes to make the kernel use the
bios baud rate are only in current.

> Going to try pxe to com as I wait for response here.  Is there
> anyway to use the cdrom installer from serial port? (eg boot
> parm)?

You may be able to run 'installboot -e' on the floppy image that
the CD actually boots.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk