Subject: Re: no pxeboot com0 file? Re: no amd64 in (any) binary HEAD?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/23/2006 13:03:14
The goal here is to get an install with networking, so serious
focus can be made on the integrated bge interface driver. An axe
usb adapter is providing connectivity to a 3.0 i386 usb cdrom
install (ftp works). But the target install is having keyboard
issues.  The keyboard does not work at all for the 3.0 amd64 usb
cdrom installer. I can get bios via serial and I tried setting
"consdev com2" and "consdev com2kbd" at the boot prompt, but as
soon as the kernel loads, I loose serial.

>On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 08:06:46PM +0100, David Laight wrote:
>>You need 'installboot -e -o console=com0 pxeboot_ia32.bin'.
>>If the bios has set the baud rate, use 'speed=0' to use that rate.

Going to try pxe to com as I wait for response here.  Is there
anyway to use the cdrom installer from serial port? (eg boot
parm)?

// Geogre