Subject: Re: Call for testers: i386 ACPI suspend/resume support
To: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/2006 08:01:14
On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Mark Davies wrote:
>>    * Did it resume and (mostly) work? Did it resume but the display adapter
>>      didn't re-initialize?
>
> Running basically the test script as given it appeared to suspend OK but
> failed to resume, just rebooted as normal (or maybe resumed and then
> immediately rebooted so the first thing I saw was the normal Dell BIOS splash
> screen and then boot switcher menu).

Please update to the latest sources, and try again. Before suspending, do
the following:

   # sysctl -w machdep.acpi_vbios_reset=0

Does this solve the system rebooting problem? It does on my Latitude D600.
You may not have video on resume; if not, let me know and I can give you
some of the workarounds I have used.

Cheers,
Jared