Subject: Re: Call for testers: i386 ACPI suspend/resume support
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/2006 14:30:46
On Sunday 18 June 2006 12:37, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

>    * Make and model of your laptop.

Dell Latitude D620

See http://www.mcs.vuw.ac.nz/~mark/dmesg

>    * Using sysutils/pciutil, the output of 'lspci -xxx' before and after
>      suspend/resume.

http://www.mcs.vuw.ac.nz/~mark/lspci.before
no lspci.after, see below.

>    * Did it resume and (mostly) work? Did it resume but the display adapter
>      didn't re-initialize?

Running basically the test script as given it appeared to suspend OK but
failed to resume, just rebooted as normal (or maybe resumed and then
immediately rebooted so the first thing I saw was the normal Dell BIOS splash
screen and then boot switcher menu).

When I tried the same but for S1 or S2 I just got told:
	acpi: cannot enter the sleep state (1).
as can be seen at the end of the dmesg.

cheers
mark