Subject: Re: Call for testers: i386 ACPI suspend/resume support
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/2006 01:14:02
On Wed 21 Jun 2006 at 01:04:30 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
>     acpi: cannot enter the sleep state (3).

I also tried 2 (the same) and 1. State 1 had a strange effect on the
display. The backlight appeared to come on fully, and bits started to
bleed on. Looked a bit like display memory forgetting its contents,
except it looked like graphics mode while the screen was in text mode.
The fan also turned off.
Hitting the power button quickly brought things back to normal.
A second experiment while waiting a bit longer (while the screen
gradually bled empty) did not wake up, I had to turn the laptop off.
Afterward it appeared to be ok again.

acpi0: entering state 3
acpi: cannot enter the sleep state (3).
acpi0: resuming
acpi0: entering state 2
acpi: cannot enter the sleep state (2).
acpi0: resuming
acpi0: entering state 1
ACPI Error (utmutex-0417): Mutex [8] is not acquired, cannot release [20060217]
acpi0: resuming
uhci1: host system error
uhci1: host controller halted
uhci0: host system error
uhci0: host controller halted

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.