Subject: Re: Call for testers: i386 ACPI suspend/resume support
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <martijnb@atlas.ipv6.stack.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 06/20/2006 21:24:32
It occurred to me that Jared D. McNeill wrote in gmane.os.netbsd.current:
> Success/error reports would be great. The following information would be
> very useful:
>
>    * Make and model of your laptop.

IBM ThinkPad A31 (type 2652), cardbus ral card.

>    * Full dmesg.

See [1], includes sleep/resume

>    * Using sysutils/pciutil, the output of 'lspci -xxx' before and after
>      suspend/resume.

[2] and [3]

>    * Did it resume and (mostly) work? Did it resume but the display adapter
>      didn't re-initialize?

Partial success; under X, it suspends, but the display backlight doesn't switch
off. In fact, it turns to maximum intensity. Resume is an utter failure; it'll
beep, once, but that's it. Doesn't leave sleep.

When switching to a VT prior to suspend, it stil doesn't turn off the
backlight, which seems to be ignoring the lid-switch as well, but at least
the resume seems to work OK. When returning to X, it is restored properly.

>    * If you have resumed, do any device drivers no longer work?

One small quirk: I'm currently adjusting to a 9-finger-typing system (due to
stupidly cutting myself severely, so I have one bandaged index finger. Ouch!)
so my typing speed is sub-par; I must've had enter still pressed when it
suspended. Upon resume, enter seemed to be stuck; I had to press it again to
get things working again.

My USB ports seem dead. Haven't been able to test fxp0 yet.

Other than that, everything seems to be working.

Keep up the good work,

Martijn

[1] http://bigbird.dohd.org:3021/dmesg
[2] http://bigbird.dohd.org:3021/lspci.before