Subject: Re: Call for testers: i386 ACPI suspend/resume support
To: None <>
From: Jukka Salmi <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/19/2006 21:24:48

Jared D. McNeill --> current-users (2006-06-17 21:37:28 -0300):
> Hey folks --
> A lot of work has gone on recently in the i386 ACPI support code to allow
> for suspend/resume using ACPI. So far, we've had success with Dell[*],
> Sony, and IBM laptops.
> Success/error reports would be great. The following information would be
> very useful:
>   * Make and model of your laptop.

IBM ThinkPad X40 (Type: 2371-H9G)

>   * Full dmesg.

[1]before suspend/resume
[2]after suspend/resume
[3]diff before after

>   * Using sysutils/pciutil, the output of 'lspci -xxx' before and after
>     suspend/resume.

[4]before suspend/resume
[5]after suspend/resume

>   * Did it resume and (mostly) work? Did it resume but the display adapter
>     didn't re-initialize?

I was running X while suspending. The system did resume, the X server
crashed, switching VTs still worked, and X could be restarted.

>   * If you have resumed, do any device drivers no longer work?

wm0 died as expected; similarly ath0 was unusable afterwards, as was

BTW, closing and reopening the lid causes the kernel to enter ddb:

acpilid0: lid closed.
Executed AML Breakpoint opcode
Stopped in pid 2.1 (sysmon) at	netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4:	leave
db> bt
db> c
acpilid0: lid opened.

...but this is not new and was [6]reported before. Just in case this

Thanks for you work!

HTH, Jukka

bashian roulette:
$ ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~