Subject: Re: Call for testers: i386 ACPI suspend/resume support
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Chapman Flack <nblists@anastigmatix.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/19/2006 00:06:57
I have just built the latest sources with my existing config (i.e.
I still have apm enabled and not acpi yet) on a Dell Latitude CPi.

I already have a question. The fan does not seem to be running.
Previously, though apm would tell me nothing about it, the bios
would still start the fan when things got warm.  I notice that
iic0 at piixpm0  is a new addition to the dmesg.  Is it possible
that by attaching this, or through some other new piixpcib or piixpm
code, we have now taken over fan control from the bios?

If so, is there a way for me to turn it on? I do not want to run
very long this way.

I can send complete dmesgs in a bit, but I wanted to ask quickly
in case someone knows the answer offhand.

-Chap