Subject: Re: Call for testers: i386 ACPI suspend/resume support
To: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/18/2006 22:30:58
On Sun, 18 Jun 2006, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> if playing audio with the auich at time of suspend, it will
> not continue after resume.  I had to SIGKILL the process
> and restart it.

Same for me with yds(4). I wonder if I can fix this in MI audio...

> also, ath@cardbus is causing difficulties, it disappears
> from the lspci after resume.  ifconfig up ing it after
> resume will stall a good portion of what's going on,
> keyboard still works, but it won't switch VTs.

I had to add some chipset-specific restoration code to pccbb for my Ricoh
-based Cardbus controller. I'm still unable to get wi@pcmcia to work after
resume, but ral@cardbus works fine.

> stuff on the ehci controller is detatched and
> reattached on resume, but I hear it doesn't
> have powerhooks yet.

I don't have an ehci controller to test with, someone else will need to do
this.

> ok, because the lspci dumps are a tad large
> I've put them on the web.
>
> http://users-www.kollasch.net/~jakllsch/without-ath/
>
> before and after are the lspci outputs, dmesg is the dmesg
> after resume
>
> http://users-www.kollasch.net/~jakllsch/with-ath/
>
> about the same as above, except a before and after dmesg,
> and an lspci after pulling the ath that
> was in during the suspend and then pulled after the
> resume and put back in.

I'll have a look tomorrow.. busy hacking on the jogdial device driver for
my Vaio at the moment.

> hope you find this useful.

This is great, thanks -- what make/model of laptop, btw?

Cheers,
Jared