Subject: Re: Call for testers: i386 ACPI suspend/resume support
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/18/2006 20:23:59
--Y+Z5jE7Arku/2GrR

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 12:51:02PM -0500, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> I'll do some more through testing from multi-user mode and whatnot
> soon.

ok first some notes,

if playing audio with the auich at time of suspend, it will
not continue after resume.  I had to SIGKILL the process
and restart it.

also, ath@cardbus is causing difficulties, it disappears
=66rom the lspci after resume.  ifconfig up ing it after
resume will stall a good portion of what's going on,
keyboard still works, but it won't switch VTs.

stuff on the ehci controller is detatched and
reattached on resume, but I hear it doesn't
have powerhooks yet.

ok, because the lspci dumps are a tad large
I've put them on the web.

http://users-www.kollasch.net/~jakllsch/without-ath/

before and after are the lspci outputs, dmesg is the dmesg
after resume

http://users-www.kollasch.net/~jakllsch/with-ath/

about the same as above, except a before and after dmesg,
and an lspci after pulling the ath that
was in during the suspend and then pulled after the
resume and put back in.

hope you find this useful.

	Jonathan Kollasch

--Y+Z5jE7Arku/2GrR