Subject: Re: Call for testers: i386 ACPI suspend/resume support
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/18/2006 12:51:02
--CNK/L7dwKXQ4Ub8J

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 12:43:35AM -0500, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 12:56:17AM -0300, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> > I see that you are not using a USB keyboard. christos@ just committed a=
=20
> > powerhook that should restore pckbd on resume. Do you have this in your=
=20
> > kernel?
>=20
> I didn't, after I recompiled and tested I noticed this time
> (I wasn't really looking before) that the two implemented
> keyboard LEDs briefly flash upon resume. However, after that the
> system is still unresponsive, AFAICT interrupts are not
> being processed (caps lock doesn't work, the backlight
> brightness function keys don't work, etc.)
>=20
> I'll add some more printf()s to this code to see where things
> are stalling.

Well, I found it was getting out of the last function in acpi_wakeup.c
I didn't want to investigate further.

On a whim I decided to drop the -march=3Dpentium-m from the kernel build.
Anyway it turns out that GCC was just being stupid again.
It resumes from a suspend from single-user almost perfectly.
The exception is that the enter key that was probably still depressed
when it "died" was still depressed upon resume, pressing the any key
quickly resolved this issue.

I'll do some more through testing from multi-user mode and whatnot
soon.

Thanks for the work.

	Jonathan Kollasch

--CNK/L7dwKXQ4Ub8J