Subject: Re: Call for testers: i386 ACPI suspend/resume support
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/18/2006 09:19:10
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 21:37:28 -0300 (ADT)
"Jared D. McNeill" <jmcneill@invisible.ca> wrote:

> Hey folks --
>
> A lot of work has gone on recently in the i386 ACPI support code to
> allow for suspend/resume using ACPI. So far, we've had success with
> Dell[*], Sony, and IBM laptops.
>
> Success/error reports would be great. The following information would
> be very useful:
>
>    * Make and model of your laptop.
>    * Full dmesg.
>    * Using sysutils/pciutil, the output of 'lspci -xxx' before and
> after suspend/resume.
>    * Did it resume and (mostly) work? Did it resume but the display
> adapter didn't re-initialize?
>    * If you have resumed, do any device drivers no longer work?

I tested ACPI S3 with two machines, they are using mostly the same
motherboard (ASUS KT880 and ASUS A7V600-X), they are not laptops.

Suspend works fine, but cannot resume. The video is restored
properly (uncommenting vesafb's powerhook), but nothing
more happens, only the cursor blinks on the screen.

Full dmesg: http://www.xtrarom.org/~juan/Bjork_dmesg