Subject: Re: "sendmail" configuration file issue should be fixed
To: None <>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/14/2006 23:10:21
Matthias Scheler writes:
- In article <>,
- (John Nemeth) writes:
- >      UUCP is probably up next.  I believe the plan is to move it to
- > pkgsrc.
- Yes. If I ever find the time to create a decent "taylor-uucp" package
- for "pkgsrc".

	Er, um.. we've got a decent taylor-uucp package in
pkgsrc.  It's net/uucp.  herbertf and I did a bunch of work
putting it together in 2001, and I've been using it (off and on)
on my production UUCP server since then.

	I haven't checked to make sure it's got the last five
patches that Ian posted to the taylor-uucp mailing list this
year applied, but I'll try to remember to do that soon. (the
archives are at

	(of course, those same patches probably aren't in the
code checked into the tree either.)

Eric Schnoebelen
    As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
        and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
	      --About the Internet and nuclear war.