Subject: Re: "sendmail" configuration file issue should be fixed
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/2006 12:24:36
On Oct 30,  9:13am, Johnny Billquist wrote:
}
} I just had a thought.
} In view of the fact that sendmail was removed, maybe the recommendation
} should be that if you want to use any mail daemon, you should install it
} yourself, from pkgsrc, since you cannot count on programs in the base
} system to stay around, nor configurations and files to be left alone?
}
} And if we can draw this conclusion, why include any mail daemon at all?
}
} What other parts of the base system risks the same effects?

     UUCP is probably up next.  I believe the plan is to move it to
pkgsrc.

}-- End of excerpt from Johnny Billquist