Subject: Re: "sendmail" configuration file issue should be fixed
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/2006 14:37:38
I just had a thought.
In view of the fact that sendmail was removed, maybe the recommendation
should be that if you want to use any mail daemon, you should install it
yourself, from pkgsrc, since you cannot count on programs in the base
system to stay around, nor configurations and files to be left alone?

And if we can draw this conclusion, why include any mail daemon at all?

What other parts of the base system risks the same effects?

	Johnny