Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/distrib/sets/lists
To: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/01/2006 16:09:07
On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 03:52:34PM +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> - A central mailer setup, with sender domain rewriting (i.e. sender
>   addresses like user@laptop.falu.nl converted into user@falu.nl)
>   ( FEATURE(`allmasquerade') FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')
>   FEATURE(`masquerade_entire_domain') ) and local delivery for the whole
>   domain (i.e. for *.falu.nl). Despite documentation of "mydestination"
>   speaking of "What domains to receive mail for" it seems it is about
>   hostnames rather than domain names, and I want to (be able to) spefify
>   whole domains (or at least one).

For rewriting addresses in outgoing mail, Postfix 2.2 (in -current) has a
smtp_generic_maps feature which is similar to sendmail's masquerade_envelope.
An alternative for older postfix versions (NetBSD 3.0 still has postfix 2.1)
is documented in:
http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#fantasy

	Geert