Subject: Re: something got wrong with dhcpd!!!
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/27/2006 09:26:21
On Fri, 26 May 2006, Chapman Flack wrote:
> ISC has removed the incorrect sentence from the man page for 3.0.4,
> and I have just done so in -current (PR 33565). If a next-server
> address needs to be supplied to the client, even if it is the same
> as that of the DHCP server, next-server must be specified.

Is there some magic syntax we can put in dhcpd.conf to get the old
behaviour (in which siaddr was set to the IP address of the dhcp server,
unless overridden in the config file)?

I was unable to find anything in dhcp-options(5) or dhcp-eval(5) which
would return the IP address of the server itself, and I couldn't find a
way of giving an expression (rather than a constant IP address or host
name) in the next-server declaration.

--apb (Alan Barrett)