Subject: Re: Postfix and SQL
To: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/14/2006 01:03:13
On 2006.05.13 21:16:23 +0000, Marcin Jessa wrote:
> Using the same logic postfix in the base makes little sense as well since it's already in the pkgsrcs.

Postfix in base is an alternative to sendmail.
Our sendmail in base doesn't support Postgres either, neither SASL.

The upcoming Postfix 2.3 will make it possible to use the one in
the base system and have SASL plugins available from pkgsrc.
I.e., it has a SASL plugin interface.

Of course you are not talking about SASL, but just to give an example
how we could have something in base and still expand it.

--
  Rui Paulo			<rpaulo@{NetBSD{,-PT}.org,fnop.net}>