Subject: CARP Commit in 1 week
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org, tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Liam J. Foy <liamfoy@sepulcrum.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/09/2006 11:26:17
Hey guys,

After further testing I have decided that the CARP patch will be
committed
in roughly one week time if no objections or problems are found.

The patch can be seen here:

http://www.netbsd.org/~liamjfoy/new-carp-patch.diff

I will try and make sure the patch will compile on current cleanly
during the
week incase anyone wishes to test it. I would _really_ appreciate if
anyone
would care to run the patch in a few different network
configurations. If
possible test the netinet6 code out a little more. If people wish to
scan over
the code (I have already personally asked a few members) that would be
fantastic too. The current setup at home makes it hard for me to test
a lot of configurations.

core@ have decided that CARP will overwrite VRRP.

Comment and suggestions welcome. Flames? No, I have heard them.

Cheers folks,
---
		Liam J. Foy
		<liamjfoy@netbsd.org>