Subject: Re: pkg_comp and union mounts Re: Using binary packages on -current
To: Chapman Flack <nblists@anastigmatix.net>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/2006 08:38:11
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Chapman Flack wrote:

> Say, is anybody using pkg_comp with success on a -current system
> where union mounts are involved?  I've had a set-up for several
> years involving union mounts that has been quite stable, but maybe
> I've been lucky because as soon as I started playing with even more
> unions to set up a 3.0 pkg building arrangement, I ran straight into
> "locking against myself" panics in vnode code.

Yes and no - I have union mounts on a -current system and have used
pkg_comp recently (last week) but pkg_comp itself is only using null
mounts (fairly default setup)

I use a union mount of /usr/src under /home/plunky/src to give me a
private source copy and I have found in the past that if you start
changing the lower filesystem (eg do a cvs update there) it will bomb - I
havent tried it lately though, normally I just dismount first.

iain