Subject: Re: recent instability
To: NetBSD current-users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/25/2006 09:13:53
On Apr 25, 2006, at 9:07 AM, Rui Paulo wrote:

> Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu> writes:
>
>> I just had my system freeze. No response to pings, usb is dead, no
>> idea if I'm in db since usb keyboards don't work without disabling
>> pckbdc first. In the middle of compiling firefox, downloading an ISO,
>> and using rdesktop. I don't ues IPv6 at all or ipf.
>
> But which ones do you have compiled in ?

both. However, another machine froze the same way in the netbsd-
INSTALL.gz install kernel from yesterdays i386 releng snapshot. Same
symptoms, and it does not have IPF or PF compiled in. The disk
activity light was on constantly, but the drive and memory check out
ok. It froze right as pax was attempting to extract games.tgz