Subject: Re: Large disk support in NetBSD, is it hard to do and is anyone working on it?
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/24/2006 14:12:47
	Further investigation reveals that FreeBSD also seems to suffer from
this limitation.  David, how hard do you think it would be to define a new
disklabel format in which all the geometry values are 64-bit values?  I'm
thinking a new magic value could be assigned, and  NetBSD could be taught
to recognize both values, much like was done for the new partition ID.
	Also, in looking at the code for raidframe, it seems there may be some
lurking bugs with signed versus unsigned numbers being used in the same
place.  At least, it appears there are some issues there with raidframe.
	Thoughts?
-Brian