Subject: cvs/svn (Re: known-to-be-good tags on -HEAD?)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Edward B. DREGER <eddy+public+spam@noc.everquick.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/2006 23:47:30
CF> Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:14:06 -0400
CF> From: Chapman Flack

[ snip proposed tagging guidelines ]

CF> I don't know enough about svn to guess if such a scheme would be easier
CF> or harder in svn. It doesn't seem infeasible in cvs.

Easier IMHO.

1) "svn propset" is your friend
2) I prefer svn's branch/fork style.

FWIW, I've not compared and cvs-to-svn utilities.  My "conversion" was
to add the CVS repository to the SVN repository; for any pre-svn
reference, I'll simply run CVS as needed.

HTH,
Eddy
--
Everquick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/