Subject: Re: something strange with mbuf length...
To: None <>
From: Rui Paulo <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/2006 14:36:10
"Steven M. Bellovin" <> writes:

> On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 13:13:19 +0100, Rui Paulo <> wrote:
>> "Konstantin KABASSANOV" <> writes:
>> > I do use ipfilter.
>> Since you and Steve both use ipfilter, can this be the problem ?
> That's very high on my list of suspects.  I've had the crash when using
> two different interfaces, ath0 and ppp0.  The ppp0 instance doesn't
> support v6; in fact, when I fire up ntpd after starting that link, I get
> bind() fd 12, family 24, port 123, addr fe80::211:25ff:fe43:e8a4, in6_is_addr_multicast=0 flags=0 fails: Can't assign requested address
> My filter rules are very simple, too; no NAT, no proxies, just blocking a few ports.

Okay, there's a very easy way to test this and perhaps you are the
best candidate since I bet your ipf rules are much simpler than
Konstantin. Can you try to rebuild a kernel without ipfilter but with
pf and convert your ipfilter rules to pf ?
That would tells us if it's ipfilter's fault hopefuly.

  Rui Paulo			<rpaulo@{NetBSD{,-PT}.org,}>