Subject: Getting ready to branch for 4.0
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 04/11/2006 16:56:15
Dear NetBSD users,
the NetBSD project is about to create the netbsd-4 branch for the NetBSD 4.0
release. However, before starting the release process, we would like to fix a
few bugs that we consider show-stoppers.
The following list is what the NetBSD developers came up with. If you
would like to suggest adding "your favorite bug", let us know.
- PR/28472: NFS client gets atime wrong/Data corruption
- PR/28510: X apps cannot find app-defaults due to xpkgwedge
- PR/30525: remounting ffs read-only (mount -ur) does not sync metadata
- PR 31275: mclpool hardlimit problem
- PR/32035: MP machines can't keep time on busy nameservers
- PR/32318: NFS client or server hang
- PR/32330: shark kernel hangs under memory load.
- PR/32535: processes stuck on vnlock (hang, nullfs, layerfs)
- PR/33185: NetBSD-i386 >2GB memory problem
- PR/25810: ipf4 ftp proxy has problems with long 221- lines
- PR/24567: cardbus #defines set badly for machines with >1G RAM
- PR/31245: Adaptec 1460 pcmcia support (aic) broken
- PR/32414: openssl problems with hardware crypto
added debugging should ask the submitter to re-test.
- PR/32938: PCMCIA cards with fixed IO addresses are not working.
- PR/32973: apm support is removed from the idle loop
- PR/33013: Missing X server on NetBSD/shark
- PR/?????: NetBSD-amd64 nForce problems
- PR/33026: <sys/systm.h> is exported to userland
- PR/30643: regression with new acpi should be fixed.
- PR/26804: PT_COREDUMP fixed
- PR/32683: gdb cannot single step over shared library functions